Kayaking near Sofia: The Magic of Pchelina Dam
Час и място на тръгване
Only one hour drive from Sofia, in a picturesque valley lays the Pchelina Dam. It was constructed in the 70s of 20th century, taking the place of the former village of Pchelina which today is covered by the waters of the dam. The area is a hidden jam that combines natural beauty with spiritual vibes and historic artefacts. During the construction of the dam many antique finds were discovered which proved that ancient communities developed here. On top of a high rock just above the water is situated the medieval temple of St. Yoan Letni. The church is thought to had been part of an ancient fortress that was destroyed in the Medievel times.
Our one-day kayaking trip to Pchelina will give us the chance to row the waters of the dam, enjoying the beautiful scenary and relaxing at the costal area. We will for sure visit the temple of St. Yoan Letni. Its location will allow us to capture in beautiful photos the fascinating view and contemplate the silence and stillness of time.
- 08:30 - We meet in fron t of the Alexander Nevski Cathedral and we head towards the village of Lobosh and Pchelina Dam.
- Before we begin our kayaking adventure we will gatter on the cost to discuss the aspects of the trip and to get instructions on the basics of kayaking.
- Once we are all set up and ready for some good rowing, we will get into the boats and we will visits some of the most beautiful and interesting areas of the dam.
- At some point we will pull the boats on the cost and we will climb to the rock where the temple of St. Yoan Letni is situated. It was build there in 1350. We will take some rest here, enjoying the view and learning some interesting facts about the area.
- Once we have all captured the natural beauty in photos, we will go back down to the boats heading to our starting point.
- 18:00 - We are back in Sofia and it is time to say "Good bye!"
Price per Person
Guiding fee, kayak, kayak equipment and insurance:
One Person: 85 EUR
Group of Two: 65 EUR
Group of Three: 45 EUR
Group of Four and above: 30 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 10 EUR
Level of experience: Beginners, Intermediate
Fitness Level: Fit
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots or other comfortable flat shoes, small rucksack, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle (1.5L), some snacks, personal first aid kit.
Your kayaking guide:
Mariya Dimitrova is a dedicated mountaineer and a certified Captain on boats up to 40 GT. Kayaking is not only passion but a way of living for her and she will make sure that you always get the best of your experience. In 2018 she graduated her Master Degree in Tourism Management and is currently specializing in the area of Adventure Tourism, being a co-founder and an active team member of Go-Go- Adventures.