Time is TBD|
Malyovitsa Via Ferrata Trail
Experience Bulgaria in a thrilling manner - climb one of the most exiting via ferrata trails in the country!
Час и място на тръгване
Time is TBD
Malyovitsa, Malyovitsa, 2643, Bulgaria
Looking for a thrilling adventure? We have one for you. It combines the beauty of nature with the challenge of the high rocks. Join us in this one-day trip to Malyovitsa valley and enjoy an active day out in the beautiful and calming surrounding of the mountains.
The valley of Malyovitsa is situated in the northwest parts of Rila Mountains – easily accessible from the capital Sofia (about 1.5 hour drive). The dominating view is to mount Malyovitsa (2 729 m.) and its impressive North Wall which is considered a symbol of the Bulgarian alpinism. The sharp rocky peaks that are common for this area are formed as a result of glacier melting. There are many hiking trails, starting from Malyovitsa mountain hut that can be enjoyed both by beginners and advanced mountaineers.
Malyovitsa Via Ferrata route goes from the hut along the rocks to Kalbura ridge and is accessible for anyone with the proper equipment and knowledge how to use it. Very basic climbing skills are required but the adrenaline is garanteed. Those who would like to keep it at higher levels can challenge themsleves with the more advanced route called "Ne za vseki" (Not for Everyone).
- 07:00 - We meet in front of Alexander Nevski Cathedral and we head towards the village of Govedartsi and the former Central Mountain School Malyovitsa.
- We park at the Central Mountain School, we prepare our equipment and we hit the route to Malyovitsa mountain hut.
- It takes about an hour to hike to the hut. Once there, we stop for a break. We get detailed instruction about the activities and we gear up.
- Via ferrata Malyovitsa passes the right rocky rib of the peak Kuklata (the Doll). It is equiped with iron steps and iron robe all the way up to the panoramic ridge. Guided by the professional mountain guides we will pass 200 meters denivelation and will be reworded with the beautiful views to the Valley of Urdina and all the high peaks of the Malyovitsa Valley.
- We go back down to the mountain hut following tiny paths.
- We take a well deserved break and then we head back to the parking lot.
- 20:00 - We are back in Sofia and it is time to say "Goodbye".
Price per Person
Guiding fee, mountain insurance and climbing gear:
One Person: 110 EUR
Group of Two: 85 EUR
Group of Three: 65 EUR
Group of Four and above: 45 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 15 EUR
Level of experience: Advanced
Fitness Level: Fit
Accommodation: Mountain hut
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots, rucksack (35-45L), trekking poles, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm hat and gloves, water bottle (1.5L), travel liner (optional), torch, personal first aid kit, climbing harnest (if available), helmet (if available).
Your Mountain Guide:
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure treks for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.