On Demand | Best Period: June - September|
Seven Rila Lakes
The Seven Rila Lakes and Ivan Vazov Hut
Visit one of the most popular areas in Rila Mountain on an alternative route that will reveal the beauty of the Seven Rila Lakes.
Час и място на тръгване
On Demand | Best Period: June - September
Seven Rila Lakes, Seven Rila Lakes, 2650, Bulgaria
Join us in this adventure and enjoy one of the best views towards the world popular Seven Rila Lakes. We offer you an exciting hiking trip that will take you on an alternative route to the crystal clear and magnetic lakes. You will have the chance not only to see and learn the story of each of them but to contemplate them as one whole natural miracle – all seven of them visible in one line.
Rila is a mountain range in southwestern Bulgaria and the highest mountain range of Bulgaria and the Balkans, with its highest peak being Musala at 2,925 m. The massif is also the sixth highest mountain in Europe coming after the Caucasus, the Alps, Sierra Nevada, the Pyrenees and Mount Etna. More than one-third of the mountain is occupied by the Rila National Park, the rest lies within the Rila Monastery Nature Park. Rila is abundant in glacial lakes (about 200) and hot springs in fault areas at the base of the mountain. The Seven Rila Lakes are one of the most popular. They are part of the UNESCO World Heritage. The lakes are located one above the other and are connected by small streams, which form tiny waterfalls and cascades.
Our adventure will start in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. From there we will drive to Sapareva Banya, a touristic town in the outskirts of Rila Mountain, popular with its hot springs. This exiting program includes variety of hiking experience and breathtaking views.
• 07:00 We meet in front of Alexander Nevski Cathedral in Sofia and we head towards Sapareva Banya and Pyonerska hut.
• We park at Pyonerska hut and we take the lift that brings us directly to the high mountain.
- We start our hiking trip at Rila Lakes hut and we pass by Dolnoto ezero (the Lower Lake) wich is the first out of the seven glacier lakes. We stop by Ribnoto ezero (the Fish Lake) for a short break. Аbove stands the beautiful peak Haramiyata (2 464 м.).
- We continue our trip passing by Trilistnika (Trifoil) and Bliznaka (the Twin) and we reach Babreka (the Kidney). We stop for another break that will allow us to prepare for the next part of the trail that becomes steeper. It will lead us to the last two lakes and the beautiful ridge of the mountain.
- We reach Okoto ( the Eye) and right after we climb up to Salzata (the Tear) which is the highest of the seven lakes - 2 535 m. Up there we take the time to contemplate the breathtaking view and enjoy the flow of energy that is belived to be sacred in this area of the mountain.
- Once ready, we continue our trip to Ivan Vazov hut, passing by Razdela - the biggest mountain crossroad and descending down for a welcoming and tasty dinner and a well-deserved break.
• 07:00 We wake up early, have coffee and breakfast and prepare for a day up in the high mountain.
• We kick it off with an ascend to peak Otovishki ( 2696 м.) where beautiful view to the valley of Pazar Dere and the peaks Kalinite is revealed.
- We continue walking on the ridge of the mountain. At some point the Seven Rila Lakes start popping out one by one until we have all seven of them laying below our feet. Contemplating the view from high above is experience to remember.
- We start descending down to the parking at Pyonerska hut.
- Back in Sofia, it is time to say "Goodbye".
Price per Person
Guiding fee and mountain insurance:
One Person: 155 EUR
Group of Two: 120 EUR
Group of Three: 85 EUR
Group of Four and above: 50 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 20 EUR
Accomodation: 10 EUR
Level of experience: Advanced
Fitness Level: Fit
Accommodation: Mountain hut
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots, rucksack (35-45L), trekking poles, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm hat and gloves, water bottle (1.5L), travel liner (optional), torch, personal first aid kit.
Your Mountain Guide
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure treks for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.